Fischer Future Heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Adverts in the press for the above. Electric "radiators" with a 40mm fire clay core to replace night storage heaters and gas central heating . Claims made for savings on electric bills and controllability. "Guaranteed" to heat your room to 21degrees C or they replace it free of charge.
Has anyone had any experience of this? Seems to me that once they've pulled out your old gas fired CH , you're a bit screwed if you find the new system is not as claimed.

Sponsored Links
Snake oil products.
Compared to gas heating they will cost 4x more to run.
Far worse than storage heaters for all-day heating as they use higher price day rate electricity most of the time.

Their only advantage over storage heaters is that you can switch them on/off when you want, possibly of value for properties which are unoccupied for large parts of the day, as with storage heaters you are heating the building all day every day whether you want to or not.

However if heating is only wanted for a couple of hours here and there, the same can be achieved by one or more portable electric heaters which can be obtained for a fraction of the cost from any electrical retailer. The existing heating system can then be left in place but not switched on, for future use when heating requirements change.

Most of the comparisons on their website are fundamentally flawed or just outright lies.

I can imagine the elderly and vulnerable being targeted by slick salesmen to buy this at "special offer" prices. My 92 yo mum would probably sign up .....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back