Fit a heater to a redundant immersion heater cable ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will shortly be having fitted a combi boiler, and therefore the immersion heater will be removed.

It is fed from a switched fused with a flex outlet.

Can the immersion be cut off and an oil filled radiator attached?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
bourne37 said:
Will shortly be having fitted a combi boiler, and therefore the immersion heater will be removed.

It is fed from a switched fused with a flex outlet.

Can the immersion be cut off and an oil filled radiator attached?

Any comments would be appreciated.

yes.

I am curious though..why would you want to fit an Oil filled Rad if you have a combi, so you obviously have central heating...

Sponsored Links
FWL_Engineer said:
I am curious though..why would you want to fit an Oil filled Rad if you have a combi, so you obviously have central heating...

was thinkin the same thing...

possibly a lil extra heat for passage?

i have an oil filled rad in my bedroom, the radiator simply isnt big enough in there in the coldest of winter months.

maybe in this case, the radiator is for inside the airing cupboard, to dry towels etc.

ban-all-sheds,

Thanks for the reply. I was considering similar units, but not aware of such an slim unit.

They are horrible - they do give more heat than you would think, but the build quality sucks, and they really are primative.

They are ceramic tiles, spaced from the wall with a ceramin washer. Easily broken.

The ones I've got are not ceramic tiles, and the spacers are not ceramic either....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back