Fit a wardrobe rail in a large cupboard w/ plasterboard wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fairly simple. There's a large cupboard with a brick back and one brick side. The other side is plasterboard and I can't puncture this side. No need for me to explain why. That rules out screws, nails, and other things that make holes.

I want to fit a wardrobe rail between the two walls. Wardrobe rails have to take quite a lot of weight. I have a solution in mind but I wondered how others would go about this. The rail will not be near the ceiling or any other wall.

Cheers

--

If you can't deal with not having the background story because you're convinced that no-one else in this world can think, and the restriction must be fictional, please block me so that we never have to chat. I don't waste my time with that sort of person. That includes the "If we know maybe we can help" sort who think they don't fit into this category.

Sponsored Links
Fix a horizontal bearer to the plasterboard walls with an instant grip adhesive. Fix a vertical bearer to support this centrally in the same way. Fix the rail end to this, and add extra support peg-leg style to the floor at that end and also at the middle if needs be to prevent excess bending of the rail.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Fairly simple. There's a large cupboard with a brick back and one brick side. The other side is plasterboard and I can't puncture this side. No need for me to explain why. That rules out screws, nails, and other things that make holes.

I want to fit a wardrobe rail between the two walls. Wardrobe rails have to take quite a lot of weight. I have a solution in mind but I wondered how others would go about this. The rail will not be near the ceiling or any other wall.

Cheers

--

If you can't deal with not having the background story because you're convinced that no-one else in this world can think, and the restriction must be fictional, please block me so that we never have to chat. I don't waste my time with that sort of person. That includes the "If we know maybe we can help" sort who think they don't fit into this category.

A nice little introduction from you there. I'm sure that the experts on here will be more than happy to give you their time. :rolleyes:

Length of 3x2 vertical on the inside.

Attach it to ceiling and floor - attach rail to that and wall at other end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back