Fit flange to top of HWC - cylinder has 1" male BSP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was planning on fitting a shower pump this weekend, by unscrewing the pipework from the top of my HWC and fitting a Warwick flange that I've got.

On closer inspection, the top of my cylinder seems to have a 1" male BSP connection that doesn't look like it can be removed. The flange also has 1" male BSP, so it doesn't look like that's going to work.

Any recommendations? Can you get a 1" coupler to join two male threads together? Or can anyone recommend the correct type of flange to get (and where I might pick one up in the Leeds area tomorrow?!)

Or should I just use the current pipework which tees off the horizontal feed - most advice suggests this might introduce air into the pump?

Thanks for any help

nik

Sponsored Links
Yep, I fully admit I'm an idiot!!

I assumed it was female on the tank, and as I was taught at school, if you assume you make an ass out of u and me...

Looks like screwfix has a 1" socket...

Thanks for the help

Nik

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back