surrey flange

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I want to fit a surrey flange to the cylinder to connect to a shower pump but the fitting on the top of my tank is a male fitting looks about 1" BSP. I've checked to see if it is an adaptor but it appears to be part of the tank. there is a female fitting to a 22mm pipe coming off there going down to the hot water supply in the bathroom, can I tee off this pipe to supply the pump. Also is it ok to fit a separate water tank in the loft to supply the pump as the one for the rest of the house is not big enough to supply the shower as well and I'm limited to size where it is without reworking all the pipework

Cheers

Dave

Sponsored Links
most surrey flanges have male 1" threads and most HW cylinder have femal threads so they fit!!! :)

Yeah I realise that but my tank has the male 1" thread on the tank so the surrey flange wont fit thats the problem I've got

Sponsored Links
i can't fault an essex but not many like to attempt an essex for the first time

I've never seen a male tapping for a hot water draw off on a cylinder before and I've been in this game nearly 35 years.

However I'm not in England so it may be more common there :?:

I've never seen a male tapping for a hot water draw off on a cylinder before and I've been in this game nearly 35 years.

However I'm not in England so it may be more common there :?:

your not missing much

Hi I want to fit a surrey flange to the cylinder to connect to a shower pump but the fitting on the top of my tank is a male fitting looks about 1" BSP.
In that case fit an Essex flange.

there is a female fitting to a 22mm pipe coming off there going down to the hot water supply in the bathroom, can I tee off this pipe to supply the pump.
Yes, but you'll invalidate your pump warranty.

Also is it ok to fit a separate water tank in the loft to supply the pump
Yes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back