Fit plywood floor first or bath panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having new bath panels fitted and also new 6mm plywood to the bathroom floor. My question is which is fitted first?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Assuming that you want the panel to be removable, I would lay the ply first.

Oh yes the panels need to be removable in case I ever get a bath leak (which has happened in the past).

Thank you

Many plastic bath panels need to be lifted slightly and then the bottom pulled in to the room to remove them. If you are laying vinyl flooring, it will only be a couple on mm thick. If you are tiling over the ply, you may, or may not need to have the tiles fitted before the bath panel.

Sponsored Links
I am going to lay vinyl on top of the 6mm plywood yet to be installed

I've always done bath panel last. Finish the floor slightly beyond the plane of the bath so the panel sits on the flooring nicely.

Thank you so much. That’s what I have decided to do.
Have a lovely day.

I won’t be doing the work myself but a handyman friend suggested putting the insulating waterproof foam board panels between the floorboards and 6mm plywood before the final layer of vinyl flooring goes on top. My question is Is the foam board or any other waterproof barrier really essential as it’s a bathroom not a wetroom?

Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back