Fitted bathroom furniture height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please see https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/share-your-diy-projects-with-us-no-queries-please.74081/
Hi Folks,

I've started renovating my bathroom - everything ripped out and walls freshly skimmed. I have now got hold of howdens fitted bathroom furniture (concealed cistern / vanity cabs).

Interestingly they basically supply regular wall cabinets, with modified fittings. I think this is a blessing and a curse, standard doors etc keep the costs down, but the units being prebuilt with full bottoms and no rear void to speak of mean the routing of pipes will be difficult and require some modifications, such as a big cut for the soil pipe.

To my problem: standard thinking is legs set to 150mm + floor thickness to take plinth, however these units are 720mm high. Taking the finished height to nearly 900mm with a counter top.

Where I have used regular bathroom furniture in the past the units seem to be 660mm + plinth + worktop.

I'm seriously concerned that the extra 60mm might be too much, so I'm wondering what the community view is on height. I could of course rip 50mm off the plinth and set the units at 100mm off the floor, but thinking that could further hamper the services.

Appreciate any advice

Cheers - Chris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back