Fitted kitchen adjustments?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, we have a kitchen problem I hope you may be able to advise on.

Our built-under oven needs replacing, this is part of a fitted kitchen we inherited from the previous owners, but unfortunately we have found the oven is an unusual size. It seems to be a 70cm WIDE built-under oven, and nobody seems to sell these at all apart from the company ours is from - but we are reluctant to use them again for several reasons.

So it looks like we will need to get the kitchen adjusted somehow to fit a standard-size (60cm) oven, but without leaving gaps at the sides.

The things I would like some help with are a) what is this likely to involve and how expensive is it likely to be? and b) as the kitchen is now some years old and the doors are probably a bit faded (and exact same ones probably no longer available), are we likely to have problems matching up any extra bits of wood needed? Or any other ideas for ways to get round this!

Some background - the oven is in between the under-sink cupboard (double cabinet with normal doors) and a narrowl pull-out unit with wire racks - this is at the end of the row of units, but joins onto a step out of the kitchen area so I'm not sure that could just be moved along. The doors are a sort of medium oak colour, but a bit faded.

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
No it's a Prochef! I think they are still available, but we don't really want another as a) ours already had lots of smaller things wrong with it before it broke altogether, b) I am pretty sure they are very pricey and c) we found a lot of stuff online about people having problems with the company.

I think Miele HAVE sometimes done 70cm width in the past, but only in single ovens (ours is double built-under), so that would still leave us with the same problems of needing to adjust the kitchen.

If we won the lottery I would just get the whole lot redone, as the kickboards and so on are starting to get a bit tatty too... but not sure we really want to spend that much just now!

Sponsored Links
Ooh thanks I will check! Have googled a lot already without finding anything though. You're sure it wasn't a range cooker? - I know you can get those in 70cm, but that would mean chopping up the worktop and also getting rid of the nice new hob we only put in a year or two back, so it still wouldn't be much easier.

That's 70cm TALL not wide :(
Height 703mm
Width 595mm
Depth 550mm

if you buy a 600mm stainless oven, infill strips to side with brushed steel panels.Or med oak infill panels.

Sorry, that one's also 700m tall but only 594 wide! I've found all the ones that come up in searches as 70cm are talking about the height, not the width...

The steel panels thing could work though I guess and might look quite smart, good idea! Who would be able to do those for us? (We could have a go but probably not make a nice job of it...)

Kitchen fitter could use a cheap stainless steel splash back cut to size.
Oak infill would be even easier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back