Questions on fitting kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have started to fit my kitchen which has integrated f/f and d/w. I have just put the oven in the oven housing as it is a built under oven and the oven is far too low to meet the underside if the worktop so i guess i will have to buid some sort of shelf to raise it but then what will i do about the gap that that creates at the bottom? Also are the any standard height the bottom of the wall cabs should be from the worktop?
thanks

Sponsored Links
you have bought an above worktop oven
you will need to install battons and possibly a shelve to support it
the last time i had this problem i used an end panel to match then cut the plinth and made the area underneath a large pan drawer

because the lines continue accross the drawer looks reasonable you cant tell its a drawer as you grip under thethe bottom edge as a handle

not perfect but they where very pleased after there "oversight ;) "

thanks big all. What difference would an under worktop oven look like? As far as i can see it may be the oven housing that is the problem?

they look the same the above worktop are more square below are longer to fill the space

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Quite a lot of built under ovens require a shelf putting in to raise the oven. Check that there are no pieces left over from the oven unit. It's also quite normal to use a filler panel to block off the gap at the bottom of the oven. Lots of kitchen manufacturers make these to match the style of the kitchen.

I have started to fit my kitchen which has integrated f/f and d/w. I have just put the oven in the oven housing as it is a built under oven and the oven is far too low to meet the underside if the worktop so i guess i will have to buid some sort of shelf to raise it but then what will i do about the gap that that creates at the bottom? Also are the any standard height the bottom of the wall cabs should be from the worktop?
thanks
there is normally a 600mm wide infill for below the oven supplied

its a good idea to leave a 20mm gap at the top of the oven for good air circulation . most housing units have a rail at the front top which is just there for transportation and installation purposes only so should be knocked out.

leave 460mm between w/top and bottom of cupboards. a good guide is so you can fit 3no. 150*150 tile's+grout between the cupboard and w/top.
it also works out when you have a tall boy included in your instalation

leave 460mm between w/top and bottom of cupboards. a good guide is so you can fit 3no. 150*150 tile's+grout between the cupboard and w/top.

i think i may be governed by the height of the larder unit in which the integrated f/f sits, because i need to make sure the tops of the wall cabinet are level with this for the purpose of cornice

i think i may be governed by the height of the larder unit in which the integrated f/f sits, because i need to make sure the tops of the wall cabinet are level with this for the purpose of cornice

yes just fit larder unit before the wall cupboards or measure the side of the unit and calculate the differences .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back