Fitting 3/4" Float valve to 1/2" pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I want to replace the float valve in my toilet cistern with a quickstop float valve but the smallest size looks to be 3/4" whilst my pipe takes 1/2" versions.

Could anyone suggest the simplest way to convert between the sizes please

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Why convert? Buy a 1/2" Fluidmaster for half the price.
Ignore yourself when you think 'that's 3/4" ' because you seem to know nothing of what you're talking about.

EDIT: Apology, Quickstop comes in 3/4" as the smallest size.

Hi
I want to replace the float valve in my toilet cistern with a quickstop float valve but the smallest size looks to be 3/4" whilst my pipe takes 1/2" versions.

Could anyone suggest the simplest way to convert between the sizes please

Many thanks

You don't.

You need to use a different make if you can't find the 1/2" version of the quick stop.

Why do you want to replace the one you have and is it side inlet?

What do you think is so special about the Quickstop?
They are designed to be used in conjunction with booster pumps. Do you have one?

Sponsored Links
Yep, I don't have much idea about what I am doing but thats for another day.

My system has a ebara booster pump with a presscomfort which I have to replace. The cisterns are side inlet.

If I can find a better system for the cisterns then I will put it in but the only option I have come across is the quickstop but it looks to be in the wrong size.

Thanks

If you do go down the Quickstop route there was a recent thread asking for a similar workaround.
The solution was a 3/4" female to 1/2" male thread brass fitting. That should do the trick.

Or, a 15mm x 3/4" compression female coupler, chuck the nut and olive in the scrap bin.

It's a great valve, my local independent stocks them. It's annoying when you go to the van to find out you haven't got a side entry only a bottom or they have a inlet valve with 3/8" connection ect. Not anymore with this valve will always have what you need, it's feels like a solid bit of kit too and worth the few quid extra for brass :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back