Fitting a Carcass for Larder Unit

Rmm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm anticipating installing new kitchen units in the foreseeable future.
Some years ago I fitted the kitchen in the property where I currently live and I encountered a problem which I want to learn from for this occasion.
The 600mm larder unit arrived ready to fit only requiring the plastic legs to be screwed in place with diddy little wood screws.
I laid the unit horizontal on trestles to fit the legs, but then because I was working alone I couldn't find a way to get the unit vertical onto its feet without 2 of the feet meeting the floor at an angle which in the attempt snapped the 2 legs off damaging them in the process. I then had to construct a box to stand the unit on to replace the legs.
In the absence of having 2 people to lift the unit is there an accepted way to tackle or is it just a case of choosing flat pack and constructing it from the ground up?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back