Kitchen unit - centre island - fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks,

Any ideas on how to secure a central island in my kitchen?

I will have an island about 1.3m by 0.90m, with a granite worktop 1.4m by 1.3m (i.e. with an overhang for stools). I fear that the unit legs will be a bit wobbly and so I want to screw the units onto the (concrete) floor.

Should I just construct a wooden frame for under the units, screw that to the floor then screw the units to that (through the underside of the units)? Or are there special brackets for this kind of thing?

Or any other ideas :confused:

MOL.

Sponsored Links
Mug-o-Latte said:
Should I just construct a wooden frame for under the units, screw that to the floor then screw the units to that (through the underside of the units)? Or are there special brackets for this kind of thing?
They are many type of brackets but I would do as you suggested a wooden frame as the worktop will be overhanging.

Info on Island layout.

Often thought of as a luxury, the island layout needs a fairly large room, however in such a room, it does reduce the amount of walking you need to do. Try to allow for 1200mm between the island and any other cupboard/obstruction etc.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Masona.

I'll construct a wooden frame. I also have at least 1200mm around it so I'm covered there too.

MOL.

Mug-o-Latte said:
so I'm covered there too.

no you wont, but if its an island perhaps
images
these will help?:cool: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back