fitting a heated towel rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did try to post this earlier today but it does not appear to have worked!!. I would like to remove the radiator in my bathroom and put a heated towel rail in instead, however I want to put the towel rail on the other side of the room, there are pipes going to the bath along the floor below where I want to site the rail. I have oil fired central heating. Could anyone tell me whether what I want to do is possible, how easy it is and would the rail generate enough heat to keep the bathroom warm. Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Well it was there as I replied..

& its still there...just went to look

Have another look

you're right, oh well perhaps I'll get lots and lots of replies now!!.

Sponsored Links
towel rails come in different sizes with different outputs. go to barlo radiators web site and download the heat loss calculation tool. Calculate the heat loss for the bathroom then see if you are prepared to pay for a towel rail / designer radiator with an output to satisfy the requirement.

Altering the pipe-work will mean draining down the CH system and replacing the corrosion inhibitor (just like in a car,but don't use car stuff).

why not spair yourself the hassle and get a pro in. £100 ish plus materials.

shucks, forgot about that.

I better not make a habit of it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back