Fitting a pump for whoe house - Hot water supply query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our old power shower is about to give up the ghost and the taps in the rest of the house have poor pressure so I would like to fit a pump near the hot water cylinder to supply the shower and to improve the pressure through the rest of the house.

I am a bit worried about all the advice to use an essex flange, because I don't want to start cutting holes in the cylinder to fit one.
The hot supply comes out of the top of the cylinder then down to the bottom of the airing cupboard and on into the house and I intended to fit the pump into this and the cold water supply which runs alongside it. .

Please can anyone tell me if it is ok to do this? Or is there anything that can be fitted into the pipe work to to the same job as the essex flange?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Change the output connector on top of the cylinder to a "Surrey flange".

This is the recommended take off for a power shower pump as it prevents air bubbles at the top of the tank being sent through to the pump and causing it to cut-out due to dry running.

It should be a straight replacement providing the cylinder isn't old and the copper has gone thin around the existing connection point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back