Fitting a reinforced bath without the supplied feet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Am remodelling the bathroom from scratch and have bought a V&B reinforced acrylic bath (Omnia Architectura 1700x700).

Was measuring up for all the pipework and positions etc. and realise that the bath with the supplied feet is too high. It's going to fit underneath quite a large window that has a low sill (580mm from the floor).

When I measured the previous bath before taking out it would have fitted easily under the sill, but having measured the height of the new bath (480mm rim to waste hole) with the plastic legs attached (145mm minimum height) and adding a little extra for the reinforced areas under the bath for the feet to sit on, it's coming out at just under 640mm.

So I'm thinking of options - I could send the bath back to the supplier and ask them for a lower one, since they did a bathroom design service and had all the correct measurements up front.

I did however get the bath at a good price and I really like the quality. My question is whether I really need those very tall feet? Since the bath is reinforced and the feet are basically two plastic bars with two adjustable threaded feet, could I not simply screw a couple of decent blocks of wood to the bath in place of the plastic bars/feet (minding length of screws) that will be much lower than the minimum height of the supplied feet?

I'd have to level using packing or something and then secure the wood with brackets to the floor. I'd also have to drop the waste below floor level between the joists but that shouldn't be a problem.

Has anyone had to do that before?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd be inclined , if I couldn't get hold of a cradle with more adjustment in the legs, to frame it out with batten to support the rim on all four sides,load the bath with water and pump a can of foam underneath.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back