Fitting a Shower Rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our bathroom ceiling slopes down one side, so to fit a shower rail that is suspended from the ceiling, we need some kind of swivel joint. I saw one on the internet but the whole kit was £85! Can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative? The rail needs to go in an L shape but the right angle at the corner of the L needs to be supported by a rail coming from the slanty bit of the ceiling.

Thanks for your help and apologies for the poor description but any help greatly recieved!

Sponsored Links
What do you want to fit a manky shower curtain for anyway that will collect mildew and mould growth within 6 months! Curtains are ghastly things. Make your life easier and fit a shower screen

This company has a lot of variations for rails.

http://www.byretech.com/acatalog/jump-shower-rails.html

I haven't seen an adaptor to go on an angled ceiling, can you make one out of timber and paint it to match the ceiling.

Curtains are not manky :LOL: they can become manky, at this point you throw it in the bin and buy another:cool:

Sometimes a curtain is the only solution depending on the layout of your bathroom.

Hi Matey

I have a problematic shower rail to shape, so I have invested in one of these Bendi Shower Rails. Ebay sells plenty of them, and they come in white or chrome and various lengths.

I haven't tried and put it up yet - as the new bathroom suite has not been installed, but the seller was raving about them. I don't know whether this would be the ideal solution, but its another idea into the melting pot.

Good luck :LOL:
M

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses. We did look at fitting a shower screen but unfortunately, the pipe that feeds the power shower comes in from the side that we'd like to put the screen on so we couldn't seal it against the wall. We also looked at bendy shower rails but we want a curtain that goes the entire length of the bath, and we were told that the long L shape can't support itself without something from the ceiling to hold it up. We also had a look at the suggested web site but they were the ones with the £85 rail which is a bit beyond our means. We might just have to settle for a short rail L shape covering just half of the bath.

Thanks again though.

Hi Matey

Thats a real shame.

The one I bought is 3m, and I have the same problem as getting around a window cell - similar to whats pictured. The 3m should go 2/3 down the length of the 1800 bath tub before needing to bend back to the wall. I paid £27 + delivery (except I went and picked it up). So it was about £27 instead of £40 (Norwood Trading - I think he said his brother lived in the Midlands).

Or there was a more stylish one of 3050mm (blah I thought it was 3.5) found at http://www.jendico.co.uk/j-shower.htm, which is about £50+ delivery.

OR,

On an idea that probably will not work. How about, getting 2 exactly the same rails, and use the connecting 'gadget' which is used to connent normally to continue down the whole length. It would also mean you can add another ceiling support if you want to be certain it will not fall down.

GL :D
M

Cut a wedge of timber to match the angle of ceiling and it will give you a vertical surface to screw too, or bend a small section of aluminium flat section and screw to angle to give a vertical surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back