Shower rail problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! I have 3.5m high ceilings and am just about to get my bathroom done. I need to find a "U" shaped shower curtain rail that can have long enough ceiling supports to fit to my ceiling. Any ideas where I might find one? Alternatively, can you think of any other solutions - my plumber/bathroom guy suggested nylon string to fix it to the ceiling, but I'm not convinced that will look good in my nice new bathroom....

Sponsored Links
If you need to support the rail from the ceiling my thought would be to explore the possibilities of using fittings from a yacht chandler. There's quite a range of stainless steel wire ropes and fittings available.

Sponsored Links
Will look silly hanging from a high ceiling, fit standard wall unit.

I don't quite understand what you mean.. I can't fit a standard wall fitting, as I don't have any end walls to fix a rail to (my bath is in the middle of the wall and the window juts in at one end...). In any case, I managed to find a shower rail on Screwfix that has 60cm supports, so that should be long enough. Thanks for your help anyway.

I meant standard D fitting, sits on wall behind bath, needs no supports.

I meant standard D fitting, sits on wall behind bath, needs no supports.

Yeah, that's what's in the bathroom at the moment, and is at a lovely jaunty angle after being used everyday by 2 people.... I want something that's going to look good in my new bathroom, and not fall to a jaunty angle after a few months of use!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back