Shower curtain rail puzzle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I've posted elsewhere (decorating/painting) I've just had my bathroom done and I mostly like it. One of the problems is the builder did not fit the shower rail I bought as it wasn't suitable. It came with ceiling supports and they weren't long enough to reach my ceiling (d'oh!). Trouble is I think I really need a U shape formation (over bath shower) and this was the only one I could find which gave a bit more length (gave 114cm on the long side). The builders have implied that they're done and that's us left to it but I've asked them to help us out. They previously suggested buying our own as their suppliers only had unnecessarily expensive ones but I can't find a suitable alternative! In the likely case that they simply leave us to it, any ideas what I can do? Previously, we had an old u shape rail that went the whole length of the bath with huge makeshift brackets. Something like that wouldn't really fit in with the sleek finish we've gone for though. I've attached a pic to give a sense of the space we're dealing with (tiny!) Before you think we should have gone for a shower to replace the bath, the smallest shower tray was too big for the space!

https://goo.gl/photos/e2cWJFpBHe3YhrtaA (obviously before it was finished).

Sponsored Links
Are you worried about the window getting wet, if you aren't then you could start the shower rail on the toilet wall, and then go round to the end of the bath. Have you thought about a shower panel at this end of the bath, and then a shower rail/curtain for the remaining exposed straight pieces.

Search ebay for shower rail ceiling bracket, and that'll give you a few other options/ideas.

Does not make sense , if the rail is fitted correctly, [high enough] the supports will always reach the ceiling.?

I suspect they were short supports, and he needs longer ones. Short ones would set the rail too high, and leave the shower curtain hanging round their knees.

Sponsored Links
I suspect they were short supports, and he needs longer ones. Short ones would set the rail too high, and leave the shower curtain hanging round their knees.
Easily remedied with a longer curtain?

They're standard sizes; but it was a creative thought never the less.

Shows I only buy the cheap ones, and my appologoes for questioning you.

Look at the Croydex Bendy Rail ones and curtains are available in different lengths, even really cheap ones. Consider a simple (cheap) fabric one that can be trimmed down if necessary. Don't skimp too much on the rail, you've no doubt spent a small fortune on the bathroom, so don't ruin it with a crap rail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back