Fitting a stainless steel splashback

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a stainless steel splashback to fit to a painted wall and don't want to use screws.

Are any adhesives or silicone suitable?

It's 600mm x 750mm and 1.2mm thick, so quite heavy

Sponsored Links
Does the bottom edge rest on a work top or something similar?

Adhesives are fine so long as the wall (and the splashback) are dead flat.....if they arent I'd still go for screw fixings, personally.
John :)

Sponsored Links
That's one hell of a kitchen you are fitting this in! I assume its split into sections of up to 5metres?

For glass splashbacks I have used silicone as recommended by the supplier.

Usually they need no support once in place as the silicone grips well. Where I have been a little unsure I have used a scrap of wood screwed into the wall above to hold it in place for a few hours.

If the wall isn't 100% level, then just apply thicker silicone to make up the difference. This works for a couple of mm.

Original post has now been edited, originally said 75m.

Nice of the OP to not mention the edit.

Very sorry - I did indeed edit the measurement.

Thanks for the advice, looks like lots of people recommend silicone.

I don't want to rely on the upstand for support but can do that - I need to run a silicone need between the splashback and extractor so that'll help too.

If I'm using silicone I'll put a sheet of ply against it then wedge that with some lengths of timber to hold it while it goes off.

Thanks for the advice.

All done.

Used a couple of wedges on top of the upstand to even-out the gap between the upstand, splashback and extractor fan. I put a load of silicone in the back splashback, applied to the wall then rested a length of timber to hold it.

It's not fallen off yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back