Fitting a top fix toilet seat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My God this is the worst experience of my life!

I’m trying to fit this:

https://www.plumbworld.co.uk/documents/twyford-moda-top-fix-toilet-seat-installation-guide.pdf

This bit in particular is a nightmare:

8B489CF2-75FB-445F-A0DF-D015BABE9020.jpeg

I had to trim the plastic washer just to get it through the hole but I just can’t tighten the nut up.

Anyone have any tips?

Sponsored Links
Are you pulling upwards as you turn the top of the bolt clockwise. The nut must be pulled tight to the plastic washer or it will just spin with the bolt.

Sponsored Links
The first picture in the link you posted shows the order of the parts. I assumed you were calling the toggle a plastic washer.

God I hate those diagrams. I saw the thing that’s put through the hole as the plastic washer but now I can see it’s the metal toggle.

Sh1t and bugg3r!!!

Thanks everyone :)

The washer is usually rubber, certainly on all that I have fitted. And if you have altered its shape ,it may now not do its job ,depends on what you have cut off it.

It was plastic. Quite thick plastic. I had to heat it in the oven and cut it to get it through the hole!! I’m hoping I can get it back, recover the toggles and try again if I can source some replacement washers otherwise it’s a whole new hinge kit I guess.

Is the toggle in position ,above the nut,with the plastic washer above the toggle ?

I know you're all on the edge of your seat waiting to know how it went! I ended up ditching the existing hinge set, buying a new one online and it was a doddle to fit!

Thanks everyone for your help - I reckon I'd have still been fighting with it today without your info :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back