Fitting a (Very) expensive composite kitchen worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to fit a new composite "Maia" worktop in a utility area I've just created in my cellar. I'm going for the "industrial" look with lots of exposed (but painted) brick etc.

Unfortunately, the wall it's going against meanders by about +_1.5cm along the length. The question is, do I:

(1) chase the brick to fit the worktop?
(2) scribe the worktop to fit the wall, given it is very likely to chip?
(3) fit a nice straight, square plasterboard wall in front of the brickwork?

I want to keep the brick if possible, so (1) and (2) are the preferred options.

OR there is always (4) pay someone else to do it but I'm trying to do it on the cheap(ish)!

Sponsored Links
Have you got a decent router with slot cutting bit as well as worktop jig and a good ROS with dust extraction to sand the joints and surface. This is not something you just put in as is, it needs finishing by working through the grits particularly on the glued joints.

As for the wal/top joint either chase the brick by cutting a slot with a diamond disc in a grinder to get a neat edge, you will need to ensure your worktop is wide enough to still overhang the front once pushed into the slot.

Or fit an upstand say 100mm high that can part follow the wall and part be filled behind.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back