Fitting a worktop/bar to a wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a spare room that we're making into a second living room/entertaining room. In one corner I want an L shaped "bar" (for want of a better word). By bar I essentially mean a 30cm deep shelf that you can sit at on bar stools with a drink. It will measure 1.05m on one side and 1.45m on the other. I'm unsure as to what to use for this. I'm thinking cut down kitchen worktop would be best. How would I go about fixing it to the wall, what kind of fixings would I need and where would I need legs?

Would there be any better ways of doing this?

How difficult a job will it be? I've had this vision but I'm not really sure how to do it and don't want to have to pay someone else.

Thanks in advance. :D

Sponsored Links
You don't say which part of the L will be attached to the wall but a simple timber baton screwed to wall and top should suffice, one or two legs will be needed depending on where the L fixies to the wall.

It's actually both sides of the L as it's going in the corner of the room.

Thanks for the reply. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back