Fitting bamboo floor in bathroom - under/around shower??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a new bathroom fitted and bamboo flooring installed. (horizontal carbonised)

The experienced floor fitter has no concerns about installing this floor type in the bathroom, and recommends installing the flooring before fitting the shower tray on top, but my plumber has concerns about this.

Has anyone installed a shower over bamboo/engineered wood flooring?

Would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks

Sponsored Links
The plumbers should be concerned. The plumber needs to get his hands under the shower to connect up the waste . This would be impossible with a bamboo floor down.

Sponsored Links
The plumber was talking about having to go through the downstairs ceiling to connect it anyway, as it's a low tray. His main concern was about any movement in the floor upsetting the tray and causing leaks I understand.

I suppose if the floor does not expand and there is no movement. than the mastic will be fine

The experienced floor fitter has no concerns about installing this floor type in the bathroom, and recommends installing the flooring before fitting the shower tray on top, but my plumber has concerns about this.

only cause he's to lazy to cut it round the tray.
why cause more work and cut holes in ceiling downstairs.

fit the tray, fit the waste then the floor.
the tray will be disturbed if the flooring is not screwed and secured to the floor under the tray.

Thanks all - have agreed with plumber that the shower tray will be fitted first and floor fitter will have to cut to fit round it. He must have to cut round obstacles all the time - can't always take things out and then re-install them over the floor!

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back