Fitting Bamboo Hardwood Floor - Help !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok Ive prepped the existing floor (8ft x 8ft) and have screw secured 12mm plywood to the existing wood floor, so all nice and level Taken all the skirting boards off. acclimatised the boards which are 96cm long x 9.5cm wide and 15mm thick.

Now I really need to know whether to nail or glue the T&G, if i nail do i need that porter tool i can i do it without ? if I glue the Boards T&G do i also glue the underside of the boards direct to the ply. I just want the job doing right and not have to do it all again a year down the line

Whats the pros and cons of each eg nails and glue, am raring to go so all advice appreciated :) and do i need underlay, its a ground floor so not too worried regards noise, especially as the floor is nice and flat now

Sponsored Links
Your Bamboo floor is too narrow and too short to install floating (by using an underlayment and glueing the T&G.
Knowing the T&G of bamboo flooring I wouldn't secret nail it either, but fully bond the board with flexible adhesive to your plywood underfloor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back