Fitting Celotex Insulation Board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a warm roof and have discovered that the Celotex Insulation boards have been fitted very poorly. As the house was less than two years old at the time of discovery the builder was responsible for correcting this problem. Unfortunately it had to go to Resolution, however NHBC decided that the builders must install the insulation in accordance with NHBC Technical Requirements R2 7.2 D10. I have tried to find out on-line what exactly the Requirement reference states, but am unable to view/find it without purchasing a full copy of the NHBC Standards .
Could anyone please help me locate the Standard to view on-line, or give me some idea as to the content of said Standard? Any help would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Could anyone please help me locate the Standard to view on-line, or give me some idea as to the content of said Standard? Any help would be much appreciated.
If the standards are online I've never been able to find them and I've search long and hard. You're only hope is someone on here has a copy. I'd be surprised if NHBC won't send you an extract tbh esp as a Resolution has been ruled in your favour.

Hi noseall,

The insulation boards have been fitted so loosely that some of them have even slipped out into the eaves space. Most of the rest have gaps up to 1" down the sides.

Sponsored Links
But you stated a 'warm' roof?

In this instance the insulation is fitted above the rafters? :confused:

This is it!

"7.2 - D10 Roofs directly above habitable rooms shall be adequately insulated
The BRE Report ‘Thermal insulation: avoiding risks’ discusses aspects of
insulation relevant to pitched roofs. In England and Wales account should betaken of Accredited Details.
Insulation should be of sufficient thickness to meet the requirements of Building Regulations."

Delaine,

Put your email addy in your profile and I'll send you the link. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back