Fitting close coupled cistern

akl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to fit a new WC and have just had the unit delivered. The parts that it came with to attach the cistern to the pan aren't exactly what I expected, they sent me: 2 steel bolts, 2 steel nuts, 2 plastic wingnuts, 4 metal washers, 2 rubber washers, 2 small conical washers, 1 foam donut. There's no steel plate.
Is anyone familiar with this configuration, do the wing nuts go inside the cistern? Where do the steel nuts go? Are the conical wahers for sealing inside the cistern or in between cistern and pan as there's no metal plate?
I'm sure I could work out a way to put it all together but I'd rather get it right first time.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I forgot to mention that the wc is made by vitra

Sponsored Links
I don't mean to be patronising, but have you got any fitting instructions with the unit? If not try the vitra website, they may just have been omitted in the warehouse when packing. :confused:

There were no instructions and nothing in the web site but i rang them up and they explained that the conical washer goes inside the cistern, a metal waher and nut go in between cistern and pan and the rubber and steel washers go on the bottom secured by the wingnut.

Sponsored Links
This is the easy part, the hard part is locating a drop valve that works faultlessly. We have a 50% success rate with them. Wish we were still on syphon's.

I have 100% no probs with mine ........but I`ve only got 2 bogs ..like 2 jags :eek:

I've got two bogs, both flush pipe low level cisterns with 9 litre syphons. I have a water meter, but we don't see any need to flush every time someone has a wee. Shame I can't educate the females around here that when they are about to pile a load of loo paper in to the pan they ought to flush out the paper already in it. Just aswell I know what I'm doing ... 'nuff said.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back