Fitting copper tap tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hopefully one of you can help a novice out. I just replaced my kitchen tap due to it dripping quite badly. The new tap was easy to fit and came with flexible connectors. However, I’m not happy with it because the connectors are too long and they are not in a completely smooth curve. I don’t want a leak! They are 30cm and it seems that the only shorter ones available are 15cm which isn’t quite long enough. 20cm would be perfect but can't find anything that length. I think I’m going to replace them with copper tap tails which were what were on the old tap (but I couldn’t get them off to re-use) and seem like the best solution to this problem.

Having never done much plumbing, I don’t know how to connect the copper tail to the existing pipework. Basically, I want to know what connector I will need. There is a thread on the pipe that I need to connect to so need some sort of adaptor for the tap tail to screw or push onto this. Would anyone be kind enough to point me to something reliable and fairly straightforward?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

Sponsored Links
Good evening Steve,

You should be able to use a couple of elbows, probably best with push fit or compression since your a novice. If you can take a photo of under your sink to see what’s available I could tell you more or help with your current set-up of flexi hoses.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is enough length to pig tail the flexi pipes, then just do that. Just make a complete circle with the flexi pipe.

Similar to this but just one turn.
images

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back