Fitting curtain track to ceiling in curved bay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Anyone fitted a PVC curtain track to the ceiling of a curved bay, is it an relatively easy job or one for the professional ?

If I did it myself would I need to find the joists above and put the fittings into that or would some of those raw plug spring toggle fittings do ? The curtains would be a medium weight, also whats the best way to put the fittings in that hold the rail to get the curve ? My curved bay have 5 windows in so I was thinking of taking the mid point of each and measuring in 5 cms then fitting there ?

My local curtain place said they wouldnt fit PVC but a metal rail total cost from them was £230 fitted, I can get the PVC track for £40 I need so could save me a lot if I do it myself.

Sponsored Links
3x1 or 4x1" planed timber[69x19mm 96x19] screwed to the joists with 2 screws at 400/406mm centres where possible suplimented by 2 every 10 to 12" where you miss a jiost
set on a bed off no nails or silicon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back