fitting for the unknown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I received a call from a plumber a couple of weeks ago saying he was doing the plumbing of a flat for his friend and was looking for someone to fit the kitchen. So I went and had a look and gave the plumber a price, we haggled and came to an agreement and set a date for the fit which is Tuesday next week.

I asked who I would be invoicing and was given a name and the address of the flat where I am fitting the kitchen which is empty.

Very suddenly I have become sceptical as I have no contact details other than the plumbers telephone number and name and an address for an empty flat.

I am feeling rather anxious about the whole job now because I need the work but have niggling feeling I am going to get shafted. What do you reckon?

Sponsored Links
I am feeling rather anxious about the whole job now because I need the work but have niggling feeling I am going to get shafted. What do you reckon?
[/quote]

very tread carefully.

Rearrange to suit.

Seriously, are you a gambler? You need tp meet the person who is paying and get paperwork signed, and deposits paid. Are you new to SE?

Speak to the person who is going to pay you. Also get his address where he is living now with mobile and landline number.

Without the above you WILL get knocked!!!

Andy

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your advice, I've got his address, telephones mobile and land, have spoken to him and then did a land registry check £3 to make sure he lives there, all seems in order, thank you.

Thanks for your help, Invoice went in on Friday with a pay within 7 days on it. I gets phone call today from customer "sorry I haven't paid I've lost my cheque book"! Instantly I think "here we go looks my intuition was right FFS" Customer says "do you mind if I pay you in cash" whoopee see you in a minute thanks.

I know I am lucky, I certainly won't take that risk again.

"here we go looks my intuition was right FFS" Customer says "do you mind if I pay you in cash" whoopee see you in a minute thanks.

I know I am lucky, I certainly won't take that risk again.
[/quote].

Nice one. :)
Not all clients and LL's are looking to rip us off. You just have to be careful

Back