How much should i expect to pay for a kitchen fitting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just in process of getting quotes for my kitchen to be fitted, I have 9 units of which 1 is a built in oven 1 a built in fridge and 1 a built in freezer. 6 other basic units and a wine rack. there are 3 pieces of worktop, plinth and 100cm of cornice.
I have fitted all the units together myself they were flat pack, put the legs on and hinges for doors, but left doors off, told it would be easier to fit without doors.
I have had my electrics done and plumbing for washer all that he needs to do is fit my sink, gas pipes are in place.
A guy quoted me £350 yesterday he said he could get it done in 2 days.
I don't know about anyone else but i'm not willing to pay 1 guy 350 quid for 2 days work (he did say that it was only him) I don't earn that in a week and put in bout 50 hours!!
Cash in hand he was going to do it at the weekend as extra to his mon - fri job.
Feel really tight so wanted to get other peoples opinion I'm willing to pay £100 per day I told the guy this when I told him that was 2 expensive he said you wont get it any cheaper I have to make it worthwile!!!!

Sponsored Links
Forgive me Kelly but I don't think you're considering his travel and travelling time expenses, combined with the consumable items he will certainly use.....wear and tear on tools, machines etc - not to mention his expertise.
It would cost you £100 plus just to have worktop joins made, holes cut etc.
Personally, for £100 a day I don't think you'd attract many professionals.
Just my opinion!
John :)

i don't see a problem in paying someone £100 a day 4 or 5 days for a semi skilled worker plus materials and a finish you probably wont be happy with

would you be happy to work for half pay at weekends!!

i don't see a problem in paying someone £100 a day 4 or 5 days for a semi skilled worker plus materials and a finish you probably wont be happy with

would you be happy to work for half pay at weekends!!
Nope, people like these want the lowest prices - and feed the "cowboys", plus end up on programs like Rogue Traders with their sob-stories on how they were robbed.
Pay a decent price and get a decent job done by a professional, including the after care.

Sponsored Links
Phone around a few kitchen fitters. Before you get them to visit, make sure you tell them that you are only willing to pay up to £100 per day.

I get the idea that you will be cooking your chips on a camping stove for quite a while.

I don't know about anyone else but i'm not willing to pay 1 guy 350 quid for 2 days work I don't earn that in a week and put in bout 50 hours!!

Your're one of these customers that wants a great job for peanuts.

If you had a worthwhile job, his charge would seem reasonable. It's hardly his fault that you're a loser.

Just pay the guy. ;)

Vehicle
Insurances
Tools
Fuel
Holiday pay
Sick pay
Stationery
Marketing
Communications
Bookkeeping
Training
The occasional warranty job

Time wasted doing quotes for clients who want the moon on a stick for £20 . . .

The list goes on

£175 a day is a bargain

you cant grumble about getting a kitchen fitted for £350

with out even seeing the job id be over £500, by the time you deduct the list skenk made allong with tax etc you aint left with much

now if it was a cash in hand job £350 is not bad, good for him and good for you

if you are not willing to pay the man fit it yourself, it sounds like you are blaming him for you not earning that for 50 hours

Is he just going to use but joints for the worktops with metal/plastic between? Who is going to connect the gas, whoever does that must be Gassafe. That of course is going to be extra.

If you value your life and that of your neighbours, do not let a kitchen fitter do the gas.

That said, I think he is a tad on the expensive side.

I feel some of you are being unneccesary abusive to the OP, there is no need to be abusive!

She has the opinion that £350 to fit the kitchen is too expensive and she did ask what she could expect to pay. If you think £100 a day is not enough then just tell her that. You could of politely told her what you think of the quote. The best advice to give her is to get 3 quotes from kitchen fitters and that will then tell her if the £350 is too much!!!

I feel some of you are being unneccesary abusive to the OP, there is no need to be abusive!

She has the opinion that £350 to fit the kitchen is too expensive and she did ask what she could expect to pay. If you think £100 a day is not enough then just tell her that. You could of politely told her what you think of the quote. The best advice to give her is to get 3 quotes from kitchen fitters and that will then tell her if the £350 is too much!!!

Are you self employed mate?

Hi just in process of getting quotes for my kitchen to be fitted, I have 9 units of which 1 is a built in oven 1 a built in fridge and 1 a built in freezer. 6 other basic units and a wine rack. there are 3 pieces of worktop, plinth and 100cm of cornice.
I have fitted all the units together myself they were flat pack, put the legs on and hinges for doors, but left doors off, told it would be easier to fit without doors.
I have had my electrics done and plumbing for washer all that he needs to do is fit my sink, gas pipes are in place.
A guy quoted me £350 yesterday he said he could get it done in 2 days.
I don't know about anyone else but i'm not willing to pay 1 guy 350 quid for 2 days work (he did say that it was only him) I don't earn that in a week and put in bout 50 hours!!
Cash in hand he was going to do it at the weekend as extra to his mon - fri job.
Feel really tight so wanted to get other peoples opinion I'm willing to pay £100 per day I told the guy this when I told him that was 2 expensive he said you wont get it any cheaper I have to make it worthwile!!!!

with the greatest of respect, could you do it?

No, then your paying for the priviliedge of somone that can

its that simple, chick.

Its not expensive and to be honest, i wouldnt do it for that so bite his hand off sharpish

Some people seem to be having a bit of a problem with their maths, the guy would be asking for £175.00 a day ( not £100) as he said he could do it in two days. :LOL:

Are you self employed mate?

I think its an irrelevance whether i am self employed or not, but for the record i have been self employed all my working life since the age of 21.

The point i was trying to make is that it is not neccessary to be abusive to the OP. If you think she is not going to find someone to fit the kitchen for £100 a day and that the £350 seems reasonable then say so, just dont attack her for not having any idea how much things cost

Personally i think she is going struggle to find someone to fit her kitchen for £100 a day. £350 to fit the kitchen seems a good deal to me

Sponsored Links
Back