Fitting Honeywell Evohome

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to swap a Grasslin Rf Feeling for Honeywell Evo home. Grasslin is switching on fine but can't no longer rely on the set temperature.

Can anyone advise from my current install how I should be wiring a Bd91? I'm slightly confused as there is no neutral wire. Tracing the wires it looks as though the black wire is connected to a switched live. My boiler is an HRM wallstar

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• 20200317_205514.jpg
    20200317_205514.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Marlon, are you having a laugh or are you serious
Take a moment and look at what you have at present
Where do you think 230 refers to on your present and proposed unit
Seriously, if you are challenged by what is almost identical setup, I wonder how how you will fare when pairing is undertaken and other hurdles encountered

From my understanding of the grasslin the bottom 3 terminals should have the neutral and live input, however both wires are live. I appreciate the setup does seem very similar but just want to clarify things.

BDR has mains terminals, one N and two L terminals
Black to N
Brown to L
The brown link 2nd L to C
White to NO. Cannot remember but switch terminals might be 1 and 2, go like for like to existing receiver

Sponsored Links
So are we saying my black is actually a neutral? It has brown tape on further down and this is where my confusion is coming from as I led me to believe it was a switched live!

Thanks for the advice guys. I thought most sparks were very anal in their work and would try and stick to colour codes.... Looks my guy found whatever wire was in his van!

Should my link go to C or A? Evohomeshop suggested A as its a 'common' terminal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back