Fitting intergrated appliances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All

I'm looking to change out a few kitchen cabinets and need to keep the layout due to the size of the kitchen.

I will be installing an integrated fridge and dishwasher but the side face of both will be visible. As such I need to cover them up. There is no way of containing them in a run.

What is the best way of doing this? I know the appliance doors fit directly to the appliance but how is the side covered? Is the appliance housed in a cupboard or special appliance unit or is it a blank on the side? if so, how is this fixed?

How is the plinth fixed to the base of the appliance cupboards?

If it helps the kitchen consists of 2x 1000 corner base units with a 500mm base between. On the return of each corner unit an appliance will be installed on each.

Any help much appreciated.

Alan

Sponsored Links
The sides of integrated appliances are just bare metal usually - you don't want to be seeing that.

They either go in a space between 2 other units, or at the end of a run a full height decorative panel is used, which fills the space between the worktop and the floor, normally being fixed to the wall, floor and worktop with brackets on the inside. This also supports the end of the worktop.

For the plinth end, you can attach a bracket to the inside of the end panel. Plinth may have to be reduced in height for some appliances, particularly dishwashers.

If the worktops are wood or laminate, you should also apply aluminium tape to the front edge of the underside of the worktop in the appliance gap, to avoid moisture damage when you open the dishwasher door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back