fitting kitchen to wall not flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am currently fitting a kitchen it is an L shape the sink run is ok but the long hob run i have a problem,the wall starts of flat on the horizontal then after the second unit starts to run back the way 20mm therefore when all units are laid out and screwed together in a straight line you have a 20mm gap at the end of the run between the wall and back edge of unit so when worktop goes on and you keep the overhang at the front the same you have the 20mm gap at the back any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Could you cut 20mm of the depth of the first unit so it will appear to line up with the rest

but if i do that it will effect the 600mm female joint or i would have 50mm overhang of worktop on first unit running of to 30mm so when you look along the units you would see kitchen running of ma head is bursting trying to find a solution,i have a feeling the only way might be to rip the wall down and straighten it out

what is the problem with loosing the female joint at the rear of the cupboard just screw the unit together at the back or use double sided plastic joining block you can buy these by the pack at Wickes or B&Q as long as the front looks level when finished nobody will ever see the back of the unit

Sponsored Links
Fit the kitchen straight and true then plasterboard with dot and dab the back wall to match the units.
Then hang any wall units on top of this.

Hope this helps

This full-stop-less posting makes my head hurt too.

If the long run is away from the wall by 20mm then fit the longer run flat to the wall and have the short run out, minimising the gap, or...

If the angle of the walls is greater than 90 deg then cut plaster 'slots' in the corner where the worktop and rear edges of the cabs will fit, so that the run of the cabs is close to the wall at the ends of the L, and recessed 10 to 15 mm at each side of the corner of the L. The depth of the slots will taper to nothing as you move away from the corner of the L, or...

Just slot one side of the L, as above, as is necessary to get a good fit.

Tile/fill/etc any small deviations.

it all depends how far you want to go with re plastering the wall? tiles and an upstand can gain you another 30mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back