Fitting new doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
waiting for a quote from carpenter to change 8 sapele door for new pine doors. Can anyone give me an approx time it will take him to fit them so that I can work out if the price he will be charging me is reasonable

Sponsored Links
my guess is he will charge you £400 thats what I would charge you over the phone if I couldn't see the job.Be 2-3 days work to do a pukka job depending on how true the linings are maybe less If they are good. I would give you a price on the spot if I'd been to see the job. Would charge you a minimum of £35 a throw though. upto £50 if the linings are crap.

Sponsored Links
Chappers is right. In site work on new builds it is possible to get 5 to 6 doors hung in a day - but the walls and casings are plumb. On an older house where there has been movement it can sometimes take 3 or more hours to hang one door properly.

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back