Fitting new pan connector to an old toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

After removing the leaking old rubber pan connector from my toilet, I've discovered that the distance between the soil pipe and the spigot is A) Too tight and B) pretty much off size. I bought a flexible connector but it is way way too long for this case. I've look around different connectors but the ones that look short enough and off size doesn't seem to be flexible and I'm not sure if they would fit there or not. I attach some pictures to give an idea. I would like to give it a go before calling in the plumber, any help would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
does the flexi fit into the existing waste nice and tight ?
if it fits tight but just to long try this angled pan connector.

WC-CON7A_tv8.jpg

Sponsored Links
The pipework coming out of the wall looks like lead, you could cut that back by an inch or so if it would ease the positioning of the pan/cistern.
I like Multiquick pan connectors, the plastic they are made of is not as ridgid as some others which makes them easier to fit in tight spaces.
Good luck with that one.

As seen on T.V

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back