fitting plasterbaord

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am redoing our bathroom and need to square the walls up. in the past it has had chipboard put on walls about two thirds up to to level the walls off where tiles were fitted on the bottom third of the wall. I have knocked a wall down to make a larger room and now need to level the walls for tiling. I was going to fit moisture proof plasterboard.

To allow me to fit a 700mm shower tray I need to keep as close to the bricks as possible on one wall as the window is in the way. whats the best way to fit the palsterbaord to the brick? I cant batten as it will be to deep. Can I dot and Dab with plasterbaord fix or could I foam it?

Sponsored Links
Dot and dab should fine, and it's easier to level than using foam, but if you want to keep it as tight as possible, then you'd be better off bonding the wall leve, then plastering, and then tanking the shower area. moisture proof plasterboard won't give a lot of benefits if the showers being tiled.

Never use any kind of plasterboard in a wet area.

Best for you to render the wet walls with a 3:1 sand & lime mix - this will also allow you to control the thickness to gain the 700mm you need.

Hi thanks for the info. On the wet wall (shower) I was going to use the shower sheet stuff that is ply with a waterproof plastic coating. It's only 12mm and allows me to keep the 700mm I need. It would be OK if the window wasn't in the way.

Sponsored Links
est for you to render the wet walls with a 3:1 sand & lime mix

Now that's interesting Vinn, I've seen lime added to a normal cement mix to give it flexibility, but never just a sand and lime on it's own. What are the benefits of doing it like this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back