Fitting Polycarbonate sheet to exsisting shed roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to create some more light in my garage ,and was toying with the idea of putting a Polycarbonate sheet into the exsisting roof but i have not got a clue about the best way of doing it . The roof is covered with the usual felt and is tongue and groove but i need to make it waterproof obviously. Is there any kits you can buy or is this just not practical to do and course more problems than its worth regards Edd.

Sponsored Links
It is a simple job to do, merely removing a section of the roof from the top and inserting the polycarbonate, Wicks sell all the bits you need and have some "how to" sheets. Make sure you use a lead strip at the top to avoid any water getting in.

juwelkeeper how did your roof turn out? I want to do the same but worried how to seal the ridge /point part of the roof. What worked for you?

Some of the companies that sell polycarbonate will put together a kit to suit your shed which will include the ridge, and deliver it together. You will need a timber under each seam, and enough to screw the sheets down. You can get a galvanised thing like a small joist hanger to add extras if necessary. IIRC mine are at 600mm centres.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back