fitting radiator in a loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi would appreciate some advice, F&E tank fitted in the loft above the cylinder, Would it be possible to tee off the feed and return pipes going to the cylinder before the 3 port valve to fit a radiator in the loft, or is it better to take a feed from the bedroom below? grateful of any advice :)

Sponsored Links
Would it be possible to tee off the feed and return pipes going to the cylinder before the 3 port valve

Yes if you want the rad on permanently :LOL: :LOL:

You have to tee off AFTER the 3 port valve ideally off the 22mm feed and return pipes.

Your rad will have to be lower than the Fand E tank for it to work properly

Also dont forget that the return from the rad has to go into the return before the DHW return ie.DHW last in otherwise the rads will again get warm when the hot water is heating only.

Good this lark init :)

Stan

thanks :D. Cylinder is also in the loft and F&E above it dont think the hieght of it will be a problem. when I said before the 3 port vale I meant were the pipes come through the ceiling to the cylinder is this where I should tee off sorry if I have miss understood

Sponsored Links
In a perfect situation you will need your f&e tank 1M above top of rad ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back