fitting RCBO to lighing circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Need to confirm that it is fine to fit an RCBO (6A 30mA) as a direct replacement for a 6A MCB on the non-protected side of a split CU.

Currently have all light circuits, cooker and boiler non-protected side of split CU and all others on RCD protected side. I need to protect upstairs lighting circuit to provide bathroom protection.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Provided it's the same make, it should be 1 for 1, making sure the neutral lead goes to the correct rail.

How do you intend to test it, and what about the cert for part P approval ?

Thanks chri5.

Once it's completed I will get an electrician to test and part P cert it before I turn it all on.

Sponsored Links
That's not how the process of self-certification of Building Regulations compliance works.

IF you want it properly certified then you cannot install the RCBO yourself.

And do you really expect us to believe that you're going to sit in a house with no electricity until you find an electrician able and willing to come along and test & certify your work?

Anyway - why do you need "to provide bathroom protection" - are you doing notifiable work in there as well?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back