Domestic vs industry GE rcbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a GE consumer unit (RCD side and non RCD side). My bathroom circuit is currently protected by B10 MCB on the non RCD side. I would like to provide rcd protection for this circuit. The attached file gives the specs of GE B10 30mA rcbo. There are two versions (I) domestic and (II) industry. The industry version, DICE, would work well as it would slot directly onto the single pole bus bar in my CU whereas the domestic version would require a double pole busbar or its wiring equivalent. My question is ‘is there any reason (technical or regulatory) why the DICE version can’t be used in my domestic cu?’

Attachments

• 919DD425-6F1A-463C-ACCD-276F5D15069D.jpeg
    919DD425-6F1A-463C-ACCD-276F5D15069D.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 96
Sponsored Links
Reading the PDF is seems only difference is one neutral in is from bus bar and other with fly lead, I have noted with other countries their distribution boards tend to switch neutral, may be due to TT earthing or reversible sockets, I would guess in this country we are using the industrial version?

A consumer unit is a type tested distribution unit which has some extra safety features, and are used where an instructed, skilled or competent person is not in charge, it does not matter if domestic or industrial.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back