Fitting shower head

M

marsaday

Can anyone tell me how i fit this fixed shower head.

As i understand it, the flat nut goes to the back of the plaster board and the raised nut goes to the front (to be tightened up). the chrome cover then covers it all up.

Questions:

How to you get the nut behind the plaster board ?

How to you attach the pipe into the 15mm copper feed from the valve ? Do you just use a wall plate elbow ? Are these attached by screwing to this bracket as it has the thread on the end?

thanks for any help

ps. I am building the shower enclosure from scratch, plasterboard an all

View media item 32240

Sponsored Links
Its ok using the nut etc if you can gain access after tiling ie rear entry or access panel.
But useally opt for the wall plate.
p4753215_x.jpg

like this.
2448129109_b9eb3bb7e3.jpg

Thanks for that seco.

So really i dont need to use the 2 brass nuts then ? i may create a square of
plasterboard to the side of the head where i can put my hand in an tighten the nut in question. Then cover it all up and plaster it all and then tile.

the section of threaded pipe is quite long, will i need to cut it down?

i may create a square of
plasterboard to the side of the head where i can put my hand in an tighten the nut in question. Then cover it all up and plaster it all and then tile.

if you do it that way and fit before plastering/tiling i would make sure the
plasterboard is reinforced rather than just the plasterboard surporting the weight.
the section of threaded pipe is quite long, will i need to cut it down?

you can cut them down just leave the nut on and cut first then unscrew the nut, or you may cut it and can't get the nut back on the thread.

Sponsored Links
yes good point about cutting down.

i intend to use the cement board for the shower area.

So the shower head will be supported on the brick wall via the plated elbow joint and also bolted each side of the board, so i think it will be fairly well supported. I may also incorporate wood noggins above and below the tube so this provides more support as well.

Don't use plasterboard within a shower area if you want everything to last. Minute cracks will form in the grout and capillary action will draw water through causing the plasterboard to fail.

Use 'Aquaboard' http://www.lafarge-aquaboard.com/ or similar. Designed for the purpose.

yes this is what i mentioned - cement board.

Also i have thought of a better way of holding the head in place. i could thread it through a timber noggin which is screwed to the supporting battons. So i wouldnt need to use the nuts to hold the bar in place. Or maybe just the front nut which sits on the tiles and covered by the chrome cowl.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back