Fitting Sink to Granite Worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am building and fitting a kitchen for a friend, but there will be granite worktops all around. The sink the planner chose is an under mounted one.

The question I have is how is this fixed to the underside of the worktops, how is it sealed?

The worktops have not been made yet and will be laser scanned after the kitchen is all fitted, so I am after some advice.

Thanks

Cad

Sponsored Links
I don't know the answer but a call to the granite manu. will tell you I would imagine.

Or, try here

The worktops have not been made yet and will be laser scanned after the kitchen is all fitted, so I am after some advice.

Can you tell me how that laser scanning works?

Because my brother had a concrete cast stairway in his home and a guy came out to measure up for the white marble treads with a lap top and some other gizmo.
Was always intrigued as too how its done. :confused:

Sponsored Links
I've spec'd dozens of kitchens with granite tops and undermount sinks. In all cases the sink was given to the granite installers to cut and fit.

A big blob of silicone would probably hold it firm. Or Hilti anchor resin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back