Fitting towel radiator. Need advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've just removed a standatd radiator from the bathroom and would like to replace it with a towel radiator. The valves are still on the pipe.

The problem: With standard radiators, the inlet and outlet pipes are on the side but with towel radiators they are at the bottom. As far as I can see I have 2 options.

1. Either get some of joining which can be connected to the existing valve and towel radiator. Something like a elbow I guess! However, the only elbow joints I've seen are compression joints. Are there any joints out there that would do the job.

2. Remove the existing value and replace it with another. I would ideally like to do this but I have not idea how to drain the system. I have a 10year old Ravenheat combination boiler. I appreciate any advice with this.

Finally, my DIY skills are pretty but I have only done one plumbing job (changing shower mixer). However, if given info/steps I am competent enought to do the job.

Thanks in advance.

Chi

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back