Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I wondered if anyone cld advise me please. I have an existing double panel radiator that I wish to have replaced by a towel radiator the problem I have is the the nearest towel radiator I can buy is 560mm from centre to centre of where the plumbing pipes are. And my existing radiator is 545mm from centre to centre of existing pipes. Can this towel radiator be used without the need for the existing plumbing pipes to be moved first before I call and get some quotes please. Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The towel rail will not fit directly to the current valves . There will have to be some level of alteration to the pipework. When your radiator is removed there will be holes where the radiator brackets screws are. They will be visible thru the towel rail. The panel radiator will give out more heat than the towel rail in most cases.

there are so many bodges out there where people have tried to do what you're wanting and they look terrible, you'll almost certainly have to move the pipes and change the valves to straight ones. If you're not able to do a decent DIY job, then get a pro in.
also your flooring may have to be lifted, and depending on what you have this might not go back down after.

here are some examples of what you don't want:
14947519_1130570807012777_6060022977207278791_n.jpg
16113905_1201521466584377_6321462315132695323_n.jpg

Saw one fitted with 2 flexi`s. Deffo Sunday afternoon DIY job.

Sponsored Links
Hi thank you for your reply. I have added a picture of the existing radiator in situ. Showing the existing pipe work. The flooring is not being changed or altered. The only difference is that the towel radiator is 7mm each side longer than the existing radiator. So would you still have to have the existing pipe work moved to accommodate that short distance. The towel radiator comes with all the fittings including the in-line valves.

Attachments

• A76A5FD8-9712-45A4-810E-A74C6F86FADA.jpeg
    A76A5FD8-9712-45A4-810E-A74C6F86FADA.jpeg
    243.5 KB · Views: 230

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back