Pipe centres for radiators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved into a Bellway home (nightmare) but want to change a bathroom radiator from a single panel type to a chrome towel one 688mm x 600mm but the existing one has pipe centres of 680mm and the one I wanted has 560mm pipe centres. Can this be done? How difficult is this to do? How long/much should I expect to pay for someone to do this?
thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Or you could take the floorboards up and replumb the pipework which will look much neater.
I would expect to pay around £75 labour for a plumber to do this for you. :D

Bahco said:
Or you could take the floorboards :eek: :LOL: :LOL: You mean try and rip holes in the nasty chipboard flooring :eek: New houses...luv`em:cool:....I`d be all day,and would have to try and get a fixing to the "drylined" dot+dab P/board walls :evil: 4 generations in the building game, including one son....we must be mad ;) You may work for£ 75 a day :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I`ve just noticed you`re in a city :LOL: It takes me 1 hour to get to the nearest small town :confused: So you could do that job @ 2 hours and 3 more in a day :confused: Nice work if you can get it,but it`s hypothetical cuz I`m retired and looking out over Englands green and pleasant........:cool: Mind you , not so smokey where you are now, since they closed the Dark Satanics...?

Probably one of my own obscure ones :LOL: "dark Satanic Mills" from the Hymn "Jerusalem" :LOL:

hahaaha i have to say..well come to B-HELL-Way.

Ihave just moved into a 9 yr old bellway home.

After finding out we have next to no water pressure, we thought rather than adding a header pump, we will change the boiler to a combi.

So thinking it should be strait forward my Corgi came to do my fix..

In short..Hellway piped each radiator from the water tank individually. Adding some..50 meters of extra plastic piping.

Which meant hell when it came to plumbing the new boiler..

i think i just needed a moan!

Do not use the screwfix solutions as they are not suitable for this job.
Pipework can easily and reliably be adjusted above the floor if you can live with an s in the pipes.
Drain system, remove panel rad, install towel rail, fill, add inhibitor, bleed and balance. Depending on how easy or hard to work on site, about 3 hours at local rate plus about £150 for materials. Get him to service boiler and check installation whilst he is there.
Bound to have been some corners cut, the sooner you get that rectified, the less it will cost you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back