Fitting TRVs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What with the credit crunch and all, Id like to get round to fitting some TRVs in my house. is this a fairly straightforward job - are they pretty much the same size as a standard radiator valve - or is there likely to be some pipe cutting going on? Id have thougt Id have to cut the pipes where below the olives of the old valves wouldnt i - as the pipe will be compressed at that point - in which case id have to move the rad down an inch or so..?

Sponsored Links
if you have pipes coming up through concrete floors so no play in the pipes, it can be more difficult.

if you can jiggle the pipe up and down and side to side, it will be easier

a tip I learned too late: if you want to lower the rads a fraction, you can open up the slots in the wall brackets with file or grinder. Far easier them measuring and refitting the brackets.

a tip I learned too late: if you want to lower the rads a fraction, you can open up the slots in the wall brackets with file or grinder. Far easier them measuring and refitting the brackets.

far easier to mount rads with screws in center of vertical slots. then its simple to raise or lower the rad by 10mm or so.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the advice guys - ive got wooden floors and there is a fair bit of play in the pipes IIRC, also have the brackets which can be slid up and down their mounting brackets, so should be pretty easy!

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back