Fitting zone valve query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a 28mm zone valve for a C Plan I want to fit and would appreciate some advice please.

I’m looking for the best way to adjust the existing pipework - my idea is to fit the valve at the green circle, tee off beneath it for the vent pipe and cap off the reducer at the cylinder (red)

Any reasons why this wouldn’t work? I guess I’m concerned about the vent pipe being the path of least resistance for HW if it’s that low, but I figured it would have to be before the zone valve in any case

Thanks

Attachments

• 90EDE869-31A2-447D-9288-0D8CFFD0E8CC.jpeg
    90EDE869-31A2-447D-9288-0D8CFFD0E8CC.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 45
Sponsored Links
I presume the current pipe out of the top of the coil is the return/vent? Ideally, in that scenario, you'd want the vent at the highest point to avoid airlocking the coil
Not sure why you want to go to a C plan though? Surely converting to an S/Y system would be much more efficient?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back