Fixed price boiler repair

In which case, it can only be that is letting by slightly, or the plate heat exchanger is cracked (which I've never seen on a vaillant) although could be a one in a million fault, both are very straightforward fixes

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info ScottishGasMan
The filling valve is underneath the boiler

Attachments

• 20210203_193910.jpg
    20210203_193910.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 73
Thanks for the info ScottishGasMan
The filling valve handle is underneath the boiler

Attachments

• 20210203_193910.jpg
    20210203_193910.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 44
Sponsored Links
OK, Andy. I accept I'm the odd one out. Silly me for thinking it would be nice not to move in to a place that had been bodged up by the previous owner. I must be lucky that the houses I've moved into haven't been - and when I've moved out of a place I've left it as I would like to find it.

Hands up - I'm in the wrong, mate. We'll leave it there.
I can't remember ever being called out to a house 'because nothing is wrong', so the viewpoint of the cynical trademan doesn't reflect the many many house moves that go ahead each day without any bodges coming to light; indeed I have much more experience of being called in the last few days of ownership precisely because the owner wants to fix the problem before the new owner moves in.

OP, one of the (two?) filling loop isolation valve(s) is passing, causing the pressure to rise steadily. As previously advised, remove the 'temporary' filling loop to expose the cheeky little leaker, then repair/replace that valve.

How long do you expect a modern boiler to last?

You managed to live in the house for 20 years and never had to buy a new one lucky you.

I'm also guessing it's probably first time it's been serviced in years!

I just sold my house but had a new boiler fitted so the new owners have piece of mind of ten years warranty.

just sold my house but had a new boiler fitted so the new owners have piece of mind of ten years warranty.
You must have too much money.Why not build them a new roof too!New floors..re-plumb..re-wire.future proof...where do you stop.

Just an update:
Tried to contact Vaillant so far without success but will try again tomorrow.
Boiler was serviced every year.
I am not a confident diyer unfortunately so wouldn't consider changing a valve myself.
Again thanks for all your suggestions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back