Vaillant fixed price repair

Sponsored Links
I would have thought so. DM will confirm though.

You don't need a new one for your 937 already do you :eek: :LOL:

No I don't :D it's all working like clockwork.

My uncle has a Vaillant ecoMAX 600 that is suffering from what I think a leaking expansion vessel and PRV.

The cowboy plumber says forget the EV and just comes and repressurises the EV every so often :rolleyes:

So you want to spend 300 quid rather than speding ten minutes pumping up an expansion vessel once in a while .
Sounds like your so called cowboy is trying to save you money

Sponsored Links
If you press the valve on the EV and water comes out it is knackered. If only air hisses out then, as namsag says, just drain the boiler and re-pressurise it to around 0.8-1.0 bar.

Well I should have said it needs pressurising every week!

The PRV has been activated many times too.

The system also has two filling loops.

The system pressure goes up to 3 bar and the PRV is activated then the pressure drops and someone has to refill it again the same thing happens again and again.

Are you saying the system needs pressurising every week, or the EV on it's own?

Don't know why you would have 2 filling loops, other than the installer was too lazy to remove the original when it was put in.

Could be one of these is letting by and causing the pressure to rise and activate the prv.

Well the EV needs pressurising every week and the system needs pressurising everyday, by the end of the week the pressure will rise very quick when the system is turned on and when the EV has been repressurised the rise when hot is normal.

2 bar hot and 1.2 cold IIRC

The remote filling loop was added approx a year after installation!

Has the EV ever been correctly repressurised?

Or is it just pumped up a little without depressurising the system while its being done?

90% of "plumbers" dont know how to repressurise them properly! That seems to include 90% of BG employees too, based on what I am told in the field.

Tony

You could put on a new expansion vessel externally for £30, change the prv for a £10.

on the ecomax the ev is covered on a fixed price as it is NOT a boiler off the wall job. ;)

Has the EV ever been correctly repressurised?

Or is it just pumped up a little without depressurising the system while its being done?

90% of "plumbers" dont know how to repressurise them properly! That seems to include 90% of BG employees too, based on what I am told in the field.

Tony

I've never seen the installer do it because I don't live there, I'll ask my uncle how the installer does it.

I have a feeling the EV is not sized correctly to the system, there are loads of double radiators and 2 Kickspace heaters and two designer radiators, the problem has become more persistent when a radiator was added in the attic.

6 double radiators downstairs and 2 Kickspace heaters and a designer radiator.

5 double radiators upstairs and 2 towel rails.

The problem was present since the beginning and the the repressurisation of the EV has become more and more frequent.

I have a horrible feeling that the system is going to get corrosion because it has been repressurised so much that there is probably no inhibitor present.

The boiler was installed in 2005 and has never been serviced.

The boiler was installed in 2005 and has never been serviced.

If your uncle cannot be bothered to get it serviced then I am surprised that you are wasting your time asking on his behalf.

The system volume may be too high for the internal EXV but my experience is that if they are correctly pressurised they can accommodate a considerable volume of heating water above the recommendation.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back