Fixed price repairs

Sponsored Links
namsag said:
Ollski as you say there is always someone who will find an obscure part somewhere. In defense of BG parts help desk at leicester they have a couple of people who try very hard to track down obsolete parts, an although people wont believe they do i have sat and watched them try for hours to track even a £10 part down. It used to be that once a part was ordered 3 times in about 6 month it was then stocked at national parts centre. Just a shame for whatever reason some engineers don`t want to order them up.

Those plastic housings on Classics (no sorry elan is it? classic is metal housed) that house the control board and just perch off the gas valve get hot and on some old boilers self destruct when you touch them. If one breaks they are unobtainium so boiler has to be scrapped since the board must be protected and no bodges can be allowed due to the heat proximal. I left a customer phoning every parts place in the country, he located himself one. Not worth him paying my time.

Obsolescence is a problem for us independents too.

The company I have gone for - HeatTeam look fantastic and I am sure they will do a good repair but have other people had a repair at a fixed rate from BG ? Surely there must be a catch.

My current experience of HeatTeam.

My Powermax HE broke down last Friday evening (just over 3 years old), i signed up with HeatTeam for them to fix the problem and one years covers, which i thought was a good deal. No confidence in British Gas especially after seeing how they treat customers on the watchdog program.

The engineer came on tuesday... The engineer said he had to replace a major part (he referred to it as the engine) which he would have to order, also there were a couple of small gas leaks so he couldnt fix it temporary.

I was then told the part would take 3-4 days to arrive, but it arrived first thing the next morning.. got straight on the phone to HeatTeam, but they cannot now come until next Thursday because they need two engineers to lift the part, which only took 1 person to deliver it...

The company I have gone for - HeatTeam look fantastic and I am sure they will do a good repair but have other people had a repair at a fixed rate from BG ? Surely there must be a catch.

My current experience of HeatTeam.

My Powermax HE broke down last Friday evening (just over 3 years old), i signed up with HeatTeam for them to fix the problem and one years covers, which i thought was a good deal. No confidence in British Gas especially after seeing how they treat customers on the watchdog program.

The engineer came on tuesday... The engineer said he had to replace a major part (he referred to it as the engine) which he would have to order, also there were a couple of small gas leaks so he couldnt fix it temporary.

I was then told the part would take 3-4 days to arrive, but it arrived first thing the next morning.. got straight on the phone to HeatTeam, but they cannot now come until next Thursday because they need two engineers to lift the part, which only took 1 person to deliver it...

1) why are you replying to a year old thread.

2)i think its absolutely shocking that heatteam refuse to potentially injure their engineers on the basis that the guy who delivered it was willing to potentially injure himself. lifting a heatex out of a lorry and lifting it into a boiler can be two completely different experiences. i suggest you try it before you moan some more.

3)have you had the boiler serviced in the three years?

Sponsored Links
nickso";p="801702 said:
netreg";p="801288 said:
1) why are you replying to a year old thread.

2)i think its absolutely shocking that heatteam refuse to potentially injure their engineers on the basis that the guy who delivered it was willing to potentially injure himself. lifting a heatex out of a lorry and lifting it into a boiler can be two completely different experiences. i suggest you try it before you moan some more.

3)have you had the boiler serviced in the three years?

1, yeah my fault, i saw the january but missed the 2007.. i found this post during a search.
2, if i new how to fix boilers rather than paying someone then i would try it .
3, along with the 3 times that it has had to be repaired during the two year warranty it had. Yes i had it serviced last autumn.

anyway, this is an old post and i apologise for bringing it back from the dead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back